Monday, March 3, 2014

Proving Reincarnation is Real


I have believed in reincarnation for a long time.  It didn't make sense to me that we would have one life, die and then there was nothing.  Like what's the point of that?  If there is a purpose to all of this, then wouldn't we keep coming back?  Over and over again I kept hearing that Earth was like spiritual boot camp.  So we kept returning and kept learning lessons.  Hopefully we become enlightened enough to stop.  At least that's my hope.  

So last June, I decided to find a regression hypnotherapist.  This is a person trained to hypnotize you so that you have the ability to remember your past lives.  I had already read several books by Dr. Brian Weiss on past life regression. According to his website, Dr. Weiss, a traditional psychotherapist, was "astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from “the space between lives,” which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss’s family and his dead son. Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career."

I searched the internet and found Dr. Esther Iseman in Reston, VA.  She is a licensed marriage and family therapist, a certified clinical therapist and trained in regression therapy. I thought great!  She sounded perfect.  So I went ahead and made an appointment.  I had to make a two hour appointment. The first hour was devoted to getting to know me and the second hour we did the regression.  She asked me to come with a question that I wanted answered.  My question was, "Why do I have chronic neck and shoulder pain?"  I have had this pain since I was about 11 years old.  I have been going to chiropractors since I was in my early twenties to alleviate this pain, which never really goes away.  Of course there were several car accidents that might explain why I have this back pain but I was curious to know if this was related to a past life.  Dr.  Weiss firmly believes that if we can trace a current issue to a past life that issue can be healed.  Well I think does work for some people, but it is not as simple as it sounds.  

I had my doubts about being able to be hypnotized.  I remember watching one of Oprah's old shows where an entire audience was hypnotized.  I thought, come on really?  How can a whole group of people be hypnotized at once?  I just didn't get it.  That's why I wanted to try it myself.  

The night before my appointment I couldn't sleep.  I was nervous.  What if it didn't work?  I already knew that I was an old soul.  I was hoping that this information would help my back problems.  

So I sat on a small couch and closed my eyes and relaxed.  I was listening to her voice, and trying to focus and concentrate.  She told me that, as she guided me to relax, my body would feel heavy.  But I was totally aware of everything.  I could hear the hum of the air condition through the vent.  She was telling me to imagine numbers flowing into a cloud, and the more the numbers entered the cloud the darker the cloud got.  I was having a hard time with this.  I had a hard time picturing the numbers.  I really did want to do my best so I focused as much as I could.  You know when you close your eyes and you can see yellow and red though your eyelids?  I saw that the whole time.  

I remember Dr. Iseman said, let's go to a life that will answer Tina's question.  She had me walk down stairs and through doors and then she told me, look at your feet.  All of a sudden I could see my feet.  I was wearing beige leather sandals.  She asked me to look down at my body and tell her what I was wearing.  I was wearing a long toga-like dress.  And I could see my hair, it was long and dark and curly.  In my mind, I was in awe.  But I kept my focus because I wanted to know where this led me.  

While hypnotized, I thought I would be able to see like I could in my dreams.  But this was different.  It was less clear, almost out of focus.  But I knew all the answers to her questions! I simply had to think of the question and the answer would pop up!  I saw images, almost like pictures.  Where a dream is more like a video this was more like a slideshow.  But not even like that.  She would ask a question and sometimes I would see the image as an answer.  

She asked me how old I was and I said 20.  She asked me my name and I told her Maria.  I told her I was happy and single and I had a boyfriend--who is my husband in this life (I found this realization amusing even as I said it)!  She asked me when was this life and I said 1200 BC.  Then all of sudden I was in a dark cave.  I felt scared!  The emotions were so real and I was panicking.  I started crying and she told me I wasn't there anymore and that I am safe now.  She told me to rise above the scene and observe what is happening.  I was alone in a dark cave and I saw a large animal, a bear.  I was trapped!  And the bear killed me with several powerful swipes of its paws, including at my neck and right shoulder.  

Someone once said that you can't fake emotions.  And the emotions I felt were real.  And so it proved me that this life was real.  

Dr. Iseman told me to bury this pain so it would not affect me anymore.  Did my back improve after this?  I would say that it did but it did not eliminate the pain totally.  I still have back pain.  And I have identified other past lives that have something to do with this back pain but I won't get into that right now.  That's another blog post :)

For days after the regression I felt so sad and tired.  I felt sad for Maria in that cave and the absolute terror that she felt.  I couldn't shake the sadness for days.  I felt like I was mourning for her.  Eventually these feelings went away.  

Although I have proved to myself that past lives are real, I don't think I will ever be regressed again.  The emotions were so overwhelming.  There are other ways to remember your past lives via meditations or psychic readings.  I have chosen to remember in other ways now.  So far I have chronicled 39 past lives.  This Saturday I will be going to an all day conference led by Dr. Brian Weiss in New York City.  I am sure I will remember many more lives to add to my list.  


No comments:

Post a Comment