Monday, June 2, 2014

Understanding Past Lives

For the past year I have been trying different ways to learn about my past lives.  I have believed in reincarnation for a long time.  I could simply not believe in the alternative, which would be one life and that's it.  That didn't make sense to me at all.  We have one life?  Why?  Why not more?  What would be the point of one life?  Plus there is so much evidence to the contrary, such as near death experiences or that precious little boy who saw Jesus in the book, and now TV movie, called Heaven is Real. Recently a little boy remembered how he was murdered in a previous life, you can read about it here.

My first exposure to reincarnation was Buddhist philosophy.  I learned that Buddhists believe that all life is precious, including an insect.  So you shouldn't deliberately step on a bug.  I used to laugh at this especially since I am not fond of bugs.  But now that I have evolved spiritually, I actually think twice!  I ask myself, is it necessary to kill that bug?  Or can I somehow find a way to get it outside?  In fact, I recently did this with a centipede I found in my home.  Sometimes it's unavoidable, when the annual parade of ants enters my kitchen after a rainstorm.  But now, it's not so easy for me to kill them.



When I first learned about Hinduism, they taught that if you were bad in one life, you could be reincarnated as something horrendous, like a slug.  I thought that was an interesting concept, but this didn't resonate with me and sounded like the angry God of Catholicism, so I quickly moved on.

In the past year I have read numerous books on reincarnation, especially information gathered from regression hypnosis from authors like Dr. Brian Weiss, Lois Wetzel or Dolores Cannon.  Up until this point, my simple concept of reincarnation was this:  a soul was contained in a body, when that body died the soul would leave and eventually would occupy another body.  The soul came here to learn lessons or to relearn lessons or make up for mistakes made in past lives.

Here was my problem, if God was perfect and we were made in the image of her than why were we so imperfect? Why do we even have to learn lessons? The answer is the soul is perfect but we forget that we are when we are born in the physical in order to experience life for God and experience who we really are at any given moment.  In fact, I recently learned that a soul is so huge and the vibration so large that it can not be contained in one body, it is more like an enormous energy field.  With this fact in mind, and the fact there is no such thing as time and everything is happening right now, our soul could be having hundreds, perhaps thousands (like I have been told in readings) of lives all at the same time!


In addition, every thought and decision we make (and the various options/consequences) creates a parallel universe where that option is played out!  For example, today I decided to lay out in my yard instead of go to the pool.  But there is a Tina who in a parallel universe that plays out what happened when I go to the pool instead of stay in my yard.

Did I lose you yet?

Let me give you a specific example from my life where I remembered a "past" life that is affecting my "present" one. In fact, in this case my past self is aware of my present self but not vice versa.   I have had neck and shoulder pain since I was child. There was not one thing that triggered it, it just started when I was 11.  By the time I was a teenager, I was trying to sleep on the floor because I thought the crappy beds in my boarding school were hurting my back.  I have been to countless chiropractors and physical therapists.  I have taken a ton of Advil. Dr. Weiss and most other past life regressionists, propose that healing can come from remembering past lives, sometimes very quickly.  So I have tried to remember what they are through hypnosis, meditation or intuitive readings by others.  So far (get ready it's gruesome) I have been mauled by a bear, had my head chopped off, been stoned to death and wore a heavy ibis mask as a Thoth priest in ancient Egypt.  So far remembering these lives has not gotten rid of the back pain for good.

Last weekend I saw my mentor and multi-talented spiritual medium, Shaman and Reiki Master Joy.  I asked her to help me resolve this pain, what else do I need to know?  What else do I need to heal?  She gave me Reiki and had a vision of me as a slave girl with some sort of farming contraption on my shoulders and I was pulling it through earth, like a horse would. She said that this girl is aware of me in my present life and she resents me because she feels like I have an easy life and that she could never be happy. So Joy talked with her to convince her that she could drop that contraption from her shoulders and she no longer needs to carry it, that she can be happy too. She said there was also a fear that once you are happy, it will not last (Joy said every time I have that thought, my back pain may show up again). I admitted that I also felt this way, more so in the past. There is also a future part of myself that is afraid that the happiness won’t last either. So she pulled these two parts of myself into my present body and my angels advised me to “have faith.” Hopefully this will do the trick, otherwise I am open to learning more, and open to further healing.

Today I was thinking about that little slave girl. I want her to know that, in her honor, I will do my best to be happy, and to take nothing for granted. And I remind myself, to not view life as a burden, but a source of joy and happiness.  Release your burden little one, and enjoy life with me!





3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful article! Love it! Thanks for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina! Love your blog! We will get to the bottom of this shoulder pain!

    ReplyDelete